Tis the season where we start to look at our backyards and dream of bodacious gardens, tasty eats and visual treats. But what about those who live in apartments, condos, or whose backyard just isn't so diggable? Or what about those who like their backyard just fine, but want to be part of something, well, bigger?
What about those looking for community. As in community gardening?
Community gardens can:
- Supply fresh veggies for food banks
- Host amazing parties at harvest time
- Provide space for neighborhood classes and workshops
- Provide opportunities for outdoor art
- Be beautiful places to play with kids and take a walk
- Serve as a tangible way for neighbhorhoods to create something positive
Hear from a panel of experienced gardeners and community gardeners as part of the Tacoma community gardening movement's "Growing Conversation" at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 19, at Commencement Bay Coffee Co.
Read more at exit133.com.