Saturday, September 01, 2007

Did you know? Checking in on City Council just a click away

Just to prove how Tacoma nerdy our household is, we didn't get cable until this year -- so that we could watch TV Tacoma. But now that I know that City Council meetings are available online -- and you can view them by agenda item (rather than waiting and waiting for the subject you're interested in to come up), I'm not sure how I'm going to justify my cable bill. Oh, wait, there is the Food Channel. ...

Anyhow, I am just still so tickled that, when I read or hear about something seemingly interesting that went down at a City Council meeting, and I'm curious to to see what REALLY happened rather than interpret an interpretation, I absolutely LOVE that you can watch it online, and you can skip right to the agenda item of the topic you're curious about. Because, while some meetings may be short and quick, others, well, aren't.

The meetings (and study sessions and other council meetings) are available online here, and it's fairly easy to figure out how to select the portion you want to view. So kudos to whomever started that. I feel smarter already.

No comments: