Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I so need to re-read "Alice in Wonderland" ...

I love that this quote is an Alice quote:

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what it is, wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"


And so is this one:

"It would be so nice if something made sense for a change."

When I was a child, I wanted my name to be Alice. I'm starting to see why ... Other great Alice in Wonderland quotes that I can identify with ...

"If everybody minded their own businss, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does." -- The Duchess

"I think I should understand that better, if I had it written down: but I can't quite follow it as you say it." -- Alice (I so relate to this one.)

"I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!" -- Alice

"We're all mad here." -- The Cheshire Cat

No comments: