Saturday, May 05, 2007

Bread!

While today's adventurous weren't as rambunctious as I'd hoped due to sick and tired (literally) munchkins, I did made it to the Proctor Farmers Market where I found some lovely apples, asparagus, rhubarb, flowers and -- BREAD! Says Upper Crust Bistro folks, "We do more than pizza." Normally found at 2714 N. 21st St., Upper Crust had a stand at the farmer's market where they were peddling their wares, specifically sandwiches and goodies and BREAD. It was toward the end of the market hours and there wasn't a ton left, but I made off with a scrumptious looking green olive and feta focaccia loaf. Other folk walked by telling them that they'd be back with more money next week for some more of the yummy sandwiches they had on hand. It was a nice sight, especially since the blogs and coffee shops have been full of people bemoaning the lack of fresh bread locations within the city limits aside from Safeway. And according to Upper Crust's card, they do dine in, take out, catering and the whole bakery thing. Now, if only they had a website, I'd so link to it ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to have missed out on the bread, but their pizza is fantastic! I highly recommend the Mexican Pizza - complete with chips.

CV said...

I bought some bread at our own farmer's market here in L.A. Hamburger buns, actually. Matt ate them all before I got a chance to use them for, I don't know..., BURGERS perhaps? :)