Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Is it Greek to you?

I've been wandering Tacoma for more than a decade, driving up and down 6th Ave perhaps gabillions of times, and only this week did I stop at the little white and blue drive-thru at the horrid 5-way Sprague intersection. I'm happy to report that "It's Greek to Me" is no longer Greek to me. If you haven't yet tried it, go. Inexpensive, fast, really yummy and way outside the burger-box fast food is to be had within these walls. Dine in, dine outside, head through the drive through (it's fast), call ahead ... whatever suits your boot. I stuck with just a chicken gyro, as I was on a get-as-close-to-$5 budget as I could, and it definitely rang in at under $6. And was sooooo yummy. And was not McDonald's. I love seeing that you can get fries, OR roasted potatoes, OR rice as a side. How phenomenal! How somewhat healthy! They claim their pizza is the best in town ... I think I'll have to take them up on that challenge sometime this year.

I gotta say, I have no idea what stopped me from stopping here before. I'm guessing fear of the unknown. I don't know what I thought ... I'd heard good things, I was intrigued, and yet I never stopped.

In all honesty, I think I was afraid that it was just too good to be true.

I'm happy to report that it's good. It's true.

7 comments:

kevinfreitas said...

Their stuff is soul food for me. So incredibly tasty and satisfying for a great price. Glad you were able to finally stop by.

Anonymous said...

I was told before we moved here that they have the best milkshakes in town. Haven't tried them, so I can't confirm.

frinklin said...

Yeah, we live like six blocks from the place and it came recommended from your friend down in San Diego. Why haven't we gone there?

CV said...

Oh my gosh, you are making me miss Tacoma all the more. I love that restaurant and Matt and I go every chance we get when we're visiting. Have some of those fries for me - they are the best! So is the rice, and the gyros, and the salads...sigh...lucky you!

NineInchNachos said...

Their pizza, falafels and meat ball wraps are a gift from mighty Zeus himself.

Jen said...

It's definitely Greek enough for me.

I love that place.

RobertLK808 said...

Heck yeah, I love that place. There is nothing that compares to it in Hawai'i. Well none that I know of.