Tuesday, November 06, 2007

NaNoWriMo: Day 6 (a work in progress)

This blog has been delayed due to elections, and last-minute school fundraisers. Sigh. I knew it had to happen. An interruption. But it's temporary. If I weren't recovering from that whole being sick thing, I'd write through the night. But I do have to work. So today will be a night off ... sort of, I'll be dreaming of the next plot attempts in an effort to incorporate promised and avoided violence. And I'm really liking the suggested "next line" from Day 5 ... I may try to incorporate and see if it's the "jolt" I needed. That, and I'm trying to read on the bus for inspiration.

So instead of an excerpt, you get my inspiration homework ...

What I'm reading: East of the Mountains by David Guterson
Recent writing playlist includes: The White Stripes, Nirvana, The Killers, Interpol, Green Day and Beck

I'm thinking that perhaps this is a better playlist than the pseudo-country songs (Neko Case/Dixie Chicks) when it comes to rampant fiction and entering into conflict plot lines ... hmmmm ... working so far. Except for the day off thing. But since I'm trying not to have a nervous breakdown by the end of this, I think I'll take one, and write a little extra the rest of the week. No more elections this week, as far as I know ...

No comments: