Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Murphy's Law moment

I was up and at 'em at 5:30 a.m. this morning, all ready to start a new "habit." Little did I know I'd soon be foiled by Murphy and his damnable law.

About 5 minutes after arriving at the YMCA, I heard an announcement over the speakers about my car. I didn't quite hear it all, but I thought my lights were on. *smack head* So I ran out to turn them off, and apparently it was actually that my tire was spitting into the wet asphalt of the parking lot ... it was slowly going flat. *smack head harder* Do I go back in? Or do I drive home while I still can. I drove home. Because I had also chosen to leave my cellphone at home, thinking, "Oh, I won't need this." So perhaps it was a double Murphy's Law day. Let it stop there. Please.

Sigh. I guess I'll be taking the bus today.

And I'll try again tomorrow.

Because in the immortal words of my dear brother. $#%& Murphy.

Don't know what I'm talking about? Check out Adam's Murphy's Law moment from earlier this month when he participated in The Grand's 72-hour film festival ...

No comments: