Sunday, March 02, 2008

Have you seen my car?

The day started out quite well with the eldest and I beginning our "girl day" at King's Books' Wayzgoose. But then we headed to the land of Tar-zjay for a few things and walked out to find our car gone. (For the record, the Tar-zjay employees, security folk and the Tacoma Police were beyond phenomenal and kind in helping me navigate reporting my stolen car in my bit of a shaken state. I don't think I could have asked for better response and service other than them perhaps pointing out that I'd just walked past my car 10 times in the 20 minutes I searched for it ... which I did not. It's really gone.)

So if you happen to see a 1989 blue Toyota Camry, license plate 459 WSO ... please call the police and report it. It's a very old car. Very faded on top. There is rust at the bottom of the passenger side door. The driver's side door lock doesn't work. There's an old bumper sticker that says "MARRIAGE = (then a faded out heart)". It's full of trash, a car seat, water bottles, trash, my Wayzgoose goods, a craft book I bought at King's Books, and more trash. Oh, and my eldest's way-too-small rain coat that she just would NOT give up these past four years. And perhaps a Tully's cup or two. Crap -- and some meeting notes I had not yet transcribed.

Now, the funny thing is, they stole my car, but the most valuable stuff they got were those notes, the craft book and my Wayzgoose stuff. I'd rather like them back. And maybe the deodorant that was in the glove box. It was new. Ehh ... nevermind, they can keep the deodorant ... if I get the car back, I can't be confident as to where it's been.

And I think we're going to have to beg the owner of Guinea Pig Press if she'll let us buy another card, as the eldest really, really liked those cards ... and now it's gone. Sitting lonely in the back seat of our car ... somewhere. I'm still optimistic that perhaps we'll get it back ... but not expecting it, either.

15 comments:

namaste said...

That's so sad. I'd be happy to donate the paper I made at Waysgoose, and a bookmark for your daughter if that helps any. I'll keep my eyes out for your car -- hope it turns up soon.

Jen said...

Chickadee!

That sucks!

I'm not even in the habit of locking my car, thinking it's so old and full of crap, who would bother to take it?

I'd be so lost without the mama-mobile. If you need any errands run feel free to chat, me and the crap-filled 1990 Volvo are at your service.

Anonymous said...

ouch, yeah there were a few drunks/crackheads roaming where did you park?

Anonymous said...

Just released you said Tar-zjay which I didn't know was Target till I googled it ha! Hope they find it soon thats not really a car people looking to strip would take so its most likely a methhead :(

Anonymous said...

realized*

Anonymous said...

big, big sucky suck!! Sucky suck sucking, and more; wow. Ow. Will be thinking strong "car recovery" thoughts and sending them your way.

Alicia said...

namaste: I think she might take you up on the bookmark thing if you're serious. E-mail me at tacomachickadee@gmail.com and I'll buy you coffee in exchange ... the flipbook and bookmark were both things the 7-year-old fell in love with and would cherish replacement of.

Jen: No kidding! Let me recommend: Lock your doors. Seriously. No matter HOW crappy you THINK the car is. Did I mention mine was an 1989? Filled with CRAP?!?!

Intacoma: No kidding. I'm trying not to be TOO googleable, since they were fabulous to me. But yes, you goolged it out (just try saying it out loud ...)

Anonymous: realized*? Say what? This post has me weirded out.

jcbetty: no kidding. Thanks for the kind words. I keep reminding myself: could have been way worse. And at least we have old van out back we can repair. But dude! I have to go to Edmunds on Tuesday for work! I don't know if I'll be able to make it. Crossing fingers work will lend me a car ...

Gexy said...

I am soooo sorry to hear about your car. Well, even though the bad guys might be happy that they got your car, you and yours will end up with the much happier life in the long run because of the wonderful people you are.

In the meantime, I'll keep my out for it.

James Lamb / tvjames said...

Dude.

That is teh suck.

Anonymous said...

Dammit! This is what happens when I don't check the interwebs for a day!

I'm SO sorry to hear about your missing car! That's terrible! I, too, would like to offer rides should you need 'em. Since I work at home I'm usually around and am good for a trip to the grocery store, etc.

I'm not sure weather to root for your car to come home or for the insurance company to cash you out. I've known a few people who got their vehicles back after they were stolen, and...well, lets just say that they were never the same. It might be nice to get something new.

Thoughts and prayers goin' out to ya!

Lena said...

Oh no!

And I think anonymous is intacoma spellchecking him/herself after proof-reading previous posts.

I got a car-rental contact if you need one.

Alicia said...

For the record, this is an under-$1,000 car ... so there is no insurance on it other than liability. We make no cash of its disappearance. However, we do have a vanagon in the backyard that can be fixed pretty quick ... so it's not like we'll need to purchase a "new one" any time soon ...

Anonymous said...

You've gotta be kidding!!!!??!?

Hugs out to you! Let me know PLEASE if there is anything I can do.

My heart goes out to you :(

Unknown said...

This is just wrong on so many levels ... At Target. Your old car. Arg. I am so sorry, my friend. PLEASE let me know if you need anything. Sending lots of love, prayers and good wishes your way.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.