Thursday, March 06, 2008

Lovin' the urban Herban Cafe ...

Ventured to the Herban Cafe today with the Divine Mrs. L and was delighted beyond belief. Fabulous food in a casual and cute atmosphere. A great menu. Great people. Great place. A definite must on the Tacoma restaurant to-do list.

My lunch buddy and I ordered coffee with our sandwiches, and were pointed to a self-serve beverage table, and the server mentioned the chocolate raspberry coffee. Normally, I'm not a fan of flavored coffee. Usually it's disappointing. But this ... this was a treasure. Not only did it truly smell like chocolate and raspberries ... it tasted like it. It was coffee that many folk might not even need to sweeten a bit. It was wow. And the cups so pretty!



The Divine Mrs. L was smart and honed in on the first thing that leaped off the menu at her: The ham & brie sandwich. I eyed it, but had self-doubt. Oooh, I think I know what I'll be ordering next time. And her herbed fries were scrumptious as well.


I nabbed one of the daily specials, a BLT on rye. A very tasty sandwich that I don't regret eating, but that ham and brie taunted me throughout lunch. I selected the onion rings, which were also yummy. You can have the fries, onion rings or potato salad with your sandwich ... and I'm so totally looking forward to tasting that potato salad!


It all looks ALMOST too pretty to eat. But we did. Though we definitely had take-home boxes when we left. We were quite sad there was no room for dessert, as the homemade cheesecake and pie and other baked goods sounded divine. We think we'll have to return for dessert and wine one of these days ... or Sunday brunch or ... well, there's just SO MUCH GOOD STUFF!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE Herban Cafe. Have been 5 or 6 times already. I really need to write about it. Cobb sald is delicious. Flank steak is phenomenal. We're taking Frinklin's parents tomorrow night. I haven't found anyone who doesn't like them!

Jenny said...

Love it! we celebrated Kevin's new job there!