Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The bright spot in my morning's bleary daze ...

While walking down South 7th Street to work this morning, an at least new-to-me spark of life in the Roberson condo project caught my eye and made me smile despite the fact that my cold was still not kicked. It was a shop! And not just the sales office! I blinked my eyes again and noticed: It wasn't just any shop, it was a familiar shop ... it was Curtright & Son, a longtime St. Helens tribal art boutique shop that I feared had packed up for good last year. But no! They just moved up the hill a tiny bit!

So if you've been looking for their wares, I'm not sure whether they're officially open yet, but head for the intersection of 7th & St. Helens and just wander up the hill a partial block to the other corner of the Roberson and you'll get a peek at the beginning of what's coming for this neighborhood. I have chills!

Now, if one day soon I stumble across the reinvented and always fabulous Dame Lola, I'd be a very happy girl ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca'll be opening her shop up in March, I believe, in the space formerly known as Space in the Stadium District. She's bringing in some cool new lines and keeping some old favorites and it'll be scrump-dilliy-umptious!! I can't wait!!

Noreen said...

I came to post what I know about the Dame Lola move, but someone beat me to it. Hooray! Tacoma is abuzz!

JeLi03 said...

Dame Lola's grand re-opening - March 22nd! Can't wait to see every little thing. I'm going with one of my favorite girlfriends, and fellow Dame Lola junkie! We have missed Rebecca's delightfulness and her fun fashion finds :)