Saturday, January 12, 2008

The games them kids play ...

So, the eldest two just spent more than an hour playing chess. Mind you, they're 7 and 5. We've kinda shown them the rules. Whether they're playing exactly right, I don't know. And I doubt they have much strategy yet. But they played. And didn't fight. Did you read that? They didn't fight! I'm still in shock. They made it through at least three games where they both won at least once, which meant they each had to lose, and they didn't fight. I'm still in shock. More than an hour, and the only friction was when the "baby" came by and kicked over a piece ... hmmm ...

I'm still in shock.

2 comments:

The Beast Mom said...

I totally know what you're talking about. Games can be cause for much armcrossing and anger. ;)

-bm

the vid is very kooky-funny!

CV said...

Your words are truly comforting. Thank you. :) And thank you for sharing about your Grandmothers. One passing is hard enough, but I can't imagine 3 in one year...Your kind heart, spirit and way with words is a tribute to your Grandmother. I know she's proud of you.

I guess sometimes it's hard to look at death in a positive light but I have to say that with Mom gone, I have develped strong relationships with all of my Aunts, and it's been an awesome ride.