Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A reason to go out this Thursday ...

First Night's over, but I feel like I'm getting to hit "replay" this week during Third Thursday festivities since Deborah Page and boyfriend Paul Uhl will be playing once again and the quirky and eclectic Sanford & Son, of of my new favorite places (join us: they're on at about 6 p.m.!). I caught the duo's show there on New Year's Eve, after we sent the kids to bed, and I'm looking forward to maybe bringing the kids out this time around for a family evening out on the downtown again.

Perhaps I'm still under the spell of First Night's mystique ... thousands of folks wandering the streets all day and night. Going to museums, eating out, shopping, listening to music, chatting with friends. I never wanted it to stop. This Thursday is "Third Thursday" in downtown Tacoma where the shops and galleries are open late, you can get into the museums for free between 5 & 8 and there's other special happenings throughout town. And I'm excited to see one of my now-favorite local performers.

It's going to be a great year ... and Thursday should be fun!

No comments: