Friday, January 25, 2008

Is Tacoma still cold? I'm, well, tired ...

Well, I can officially report that while the other week I was joking about T-town being colder than Minnesota, I can officially now say it's not. With wind chill, it's been below zero. And I don't mean below freezing, but BELOW ZERO FAHRENHEIT!!! (With wind chill of course.) And there's about 4-6 inches of snow where we are, and it's still snowing. Went and got the kids snow boots and they immediately jumped into the dry, blowy snow. Considering they're running on about two hours of sleep because they were so excited about the red-eye flight and didn't sleep, it's been impressive. Though we parents would really like a nap. And I think we'll be boxing up some of our luggage and shipping it home ... because when three little kids fall SOLIDLY asleep just before landing, and you have to switch planes, and you have too much luggage (well, when you have luggage for five for a few days) ... it ain't pretty.

Hope my baby brother is enjoying having the house to himself for once.

And let's just say I'm REALLY, REALLY looking forward to flying to Hawaii this fall for my other brother's wedding -- sans children. Ahhh ... only carrying my own luggage and tired eyes off the plane ... no 2-year-old tugging at shirts and sweaters and causing me to flash the waiting area ... no trying to stay sane while ordering breakfast with one kid falling asleep at the table, and the others alternating fits and putting themselves in the corner and refusing to order anything ... what a treat.

OK, they did really good considering we flew out at midnight. Really good. But we're all looking forward to some sleep tonight. And in a few minutes ... pizza at O'Neill's Pizza Pub, our traditional stop when in my husband's homeland of Rochester, MN. We hungry, and could use a beer ...

2 comments:

Lena said...

When are you coming home?

We miss you and hope you had safe travels in the snowy world(s).

Jenny said...

Oh, we all miss you! Much love to you, and Hawaii sounds perfect. Who's taking the kiddos?