Monday, January 07, 2008

Bye, Bye Christmas Tree ...

So quickly up, so quickly down. And totally surreal since I've been in this sick daze that has had me KO'd since Friday. But it's only the first week of January still, and the decorations are packed away and the City of Tacoma Solid Waste crew just yoinked my tree from the where it was laid in the street. Bye bye tree ... so long, farewell, and all of that. Time for a new year. And despite this cold, I'm still optimistic it's going to be a better New Year ... ready or not, 2008, here I come.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Yea, we just recycled our tree yesterday. It's definitely the moment that marks the complete end of the season. Back to work!

Hope you're feeling a bit better.

Joel413 said...

Kiddo and I have a ritual, We put the tree in the car and drive to the city landfill where we drive up to the tree recycling container and say good by to the tree, and wish it lots of fun with all th eother Christmas Tree Friends it has just met.

Noreen said...

Awwww. I hate saying farewell to the tree. This is the most hideous time of the year. I actually have a little post-holiday depression. My hubby wanted to know if it's better when I have had a fantastic holiday season. I am bummed no matter what, as it turns out. Maybe our trees will make friends in the next tree world.